top of page
US Work station

Specialty Occupation Nonimmigrant (H1B Visa)

Specialty Occupation Non-immigrant (H-1B Visas)

At Sethi Law Group, we pride ourselves on being knowledgeable in all aspects of business and professional immigration, and the options our clients have at their fingertips. As such, we assist employers in recruiting skilled and highly education foreign national workers seeking to work in the United States in what are considered specialty occupations.

Our attorneys and legal staff guide foreign nationals in making use of H-1B and H-1B1 temporary work visas as part of an all-inclusive process leading to permanent legal residency, or a green card. Sethi Law Group specializes in assisting companies working in marketing, engineering, technologies and other areas. Our attorneys and legal staff are familiar with USCIS requirements, and our use of best practices allows us to provide our clients with effective representation in business immigration.

H-1B Classification

If you have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, will be working in a specialty occupation, and will be earning a wage, you may be eligible for an H-1B, non-immigrant work visa. A foreign national who has obtained an H-1B visa is able to enter the United States to work in positions that require a U.S. bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.

A foreign national must meet the qualifications referenced above in order to qualify for an H-1B visa. In addition to meeting these qualifications, a foreign national must be sponsored by a U.S. employer who is willing to pay the prevailing wage for the work that will be completed.

H-1B1 Classification

The H-1B1 visa, a variant to the H-1B visa, allows nationals from Singapore and Chile, in specialty occupations, to take work in the United States on a temporary basis. A national wishing to obtain an H-1B1 visa must possess at least a U.S. bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. In addition, the job in quest must require at least a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.

H-4 Classification

Spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21 of H-1B and H-1B1 specialty workers may be eligible to obtain an H4 visas. Those possessing an H-4 visa are eligible to enroll in school without obtaining a student visa.

If you think you might qualify for an H-1B or H-1B1 visa, please contact our office to schedule an appointment with a Sethi Law Group attorney.

bottom of page